Eco-Friendly practices can benefit your businessApr 22, 2022
With all the buzz going around about how we can help the planet, it's easy to get lost in all the recommendations. The good news is there are a few simple practices you can start doing today to save your business money.
- Paperless: Though the obvious choice, it is always a good place to start. According to DoForms, the average business can spend up to $8,000 on paper, $8,500 on filing and storage, and $30,000 on a dedicated file manager. Switching to an online file organizer can be simple as using Google Drive for free or subscribing to Dext for $240 a year. Not only saving money, but you would also make access reports faster and simpler.
- Upcycling shipping Material: This tip will be handy for anyone that creates or resells products. Instead of throwing out the bubble wrap, cardboard, and other shipping supplies, you may receive through amazon or your wholesaler, save them and reuse them in your own packaging. If you are concerned about what your customer would think of the appearance of your package, I have seen a lot of businesses include a note explaining their sustainability efforts. This will surely be appreciated, and customers will relish the unique idea.
- Offer Remote positions: If you are not doing this already, it is definitely something to look into. Not having employees in the office would eliminate the need for an office space (or at least open up the opportunity to rent a smaller space). You could save on rent, utilities, and transportation costs without having an office space. Thus, eliminating some energy usage of your company and helping the world be a little better.
- Use energy-efficient lights: LEDs may seem more costly upfront, but they are very energy efficient and tend to last longer than other bulbs on the market. Of course, the most sustainable thing is to use up what you already have, but when their fateful time arrives, and you have to change a few bulbs consider buying LEDs. Though this may seem totally left-field, it is a simple transition that can save your business a lot of money in the long run.
- Second-Hand Supplies: Finding quality second-hand furniture is easier than ever; go online to any reselling site, and you are bound to find at least one piece you love. You can usually find second-hand furniture cheaper than its new counterpart, and buying second hand will allow you to take more time and find truly unique pieces. These pieces will contribute to the atmosphere of your office (even if that office is your dining room table).
Sustainability is not supposed to be this significant burden on your shoulders. Take a breath and reflect. When it's time to change something, research a sustainable alternative. If you take your time, you will save money and help the world!
Get more small business tips by joining our helpful Facebook community. You can also get in touch with our team by filling out the form on our contact page or calling us at (786) 250-1522. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Now via Email or Call (786)250-1522
Team up with Sourcelyn, and let’s thrive together.